These gluten-free, chewy chocolate chip cookie bars are amazingly soft, buttery, and delicous. With crispy edges and chewy middles, you won’t be disappointed in this gluten-free, chewy chocolate chip cookie bar recipe.
**Thanks for stopping by! This post contains affiliate links to which I might make a small commission if you click on a link and make a purchase. This does not change the price you pay, but it helps me keep this blog running. Thanks for supporting The Inspired Prairie!?**
One of my serious “bad habits” is making a homemade dessert… and then finishing off the batch within a day or so. With the help of my family of course.
Don’t judge! ??
Most of the desserts I make in our home are gluten-free because they agree with us better and leave us feeling less sick. However, the gluten-free recipes I do make are seriously so good, you can’t tell they’re gluten-free. Give these chocolate chip cookie bars a try at your next get together, and see what your “non gluten-free” friends think of them.
My family really enjoys these cookie bars, so much so, that Mr. Hubs told me NOT to make them for a while because he eats too many of them.
Why chocolate chip cookie bars instead of actual cookies?
I like to think of them as a lazy girl’s gluten-free chocolate chip cookie, because instead of making individual cookies, you just spread all the batter into the baking dish, bake and slice and serve after they’ve cooled.
I’m all about ease and convenience, and quite frankly, sometimes I just don’t want to stand in the kitchen making individual cookies.
Flours used in this recipe
The two flours used in this recipe are Almond Flour and Tapioca Flour.
The tapioca flour in this recipe is minimal, but it adds a nice touch to the texture of these chewy chocolate chip cookie bars.
I’m pretty partial to Bob’s Red Mill products, however, any brand should work nicely.
Psssst: Did you know that Bob’s Red Mill has an AMAZING >>All-Purpose Gluten-Free Flour Blend<< that actually tastes amazing?! The texture it gives to baked goods is wonderful, and I make gluten-free blueberry muffins using this flour blend all the time!
How to Make Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars (Gluten-Free)
Printable Recipe to Follow
#1. Cream together the room-temperature butter and sugars with a hand mixer.
#2. Add in eggs and vanilla extract. Mix with hand mixer at high speed for 1-2 minutes until light and fluffy.
#3. Add flours, baking powder, salt and mix thoroughly.
#4. Stir in mini- chocolate chips until well incorporated.
#5. Spread the batter evenly in a buttered 9×13 glass baking dish.
#6. Bake at 350 degrees F for 20-25 minutes (depending on your oven). Do the toothpick test to see if done. Completely cool, slice and serve!
** Very Important Tip!! These gluten-free, chewy chocolate chip cookie bars only slice and serve nicely if FULLY cooled. After you take these out of the oven, let them completely cool and then you can place these in the refrigerator for 15-20 minutes to help slice these up really nice for serving.
Chewy, Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars (Gluten-free) Printable Recipe
- 1/2 Cup Salted Butter (softened)
- 3/4 Cup Brown Sugar (lightly packed)
- 1/3 Cup White Sugar
- 2 Eggs (room temperature)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 and 3/4 cup Almond Flour
- 2 Tablespoons Tapioca Flour
- 1 teaspoon Baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 Cup Mini Chocolate Chips
- Preheat oven to 350° F and grease a 9x13 baking dish with butter. (I used a glass dish).
- Using a hand mixer, cream together the room temperature 1/2 cup butter, 3/4 cup brown sugar, and 1/3 cup white sugar until well combined.
- Add the two eggs and 2 teaspoons of vanilla extract. Beat on high with your hand mixer until fluffy (about 1-2 minutes).
- Next, add the 1 and 3/4 cups of almond flour, 2 tablespoons of Tapioca Flour, 1 teaspoon of baking powder, and 1/4 teaspoon of salt. Mix until completely combined.
- Stir in the 1/2 cup of mini chocolate chips.
- Spread the batter in the greased 9x13 baking dish and bake at 350° F for 22-25 minutes. Time will depend on your oven and do the toothpick test to check if done.
- **IMPORTANT STEP- These gluten-free chewy chocolate chip cookie bars slice and serve the best ONLY when COMPLETELY COOLED. Let them sit out at room temperature to cool. MY SPECIAL TRICK is to place them in the refrigerator for 15 minutes prior to slicing and serving, to make it easier to serve.