hello! i’m cherelle
multi- passionate Wife + mother
I didn’t grow up thinking I would one day live on a farm…
In fact, never in my wildest dreams would I have thought that I would be on a farm, with animals… real LIVE animals that have tons of REAL poop to be exact.
I grew up in the city, enjoyed everything about city life, thought I’d always be a city girl, enjoyed all the glitz and glamour of city living, that is…until I learned about raising chickens.
Chickens changed it all for me. I wanted all the chickens!
Well actually, let’s take a few steps back…
cherelle’s cliff notes version
- Got married
- Had a few kids
- Changed our diets and lifestyle to a more “cleaner” one because of some health issues…
- … which then led me to wanting to start raising our own and growing our own
- Learned about chicken keeping (because the “sources” always say that you start with chickens on your homestead), and the rest, as they say, is history!
So then fast forward a few years and
I ever-so nicely
convinced persuaded my husband to let us sell our house in the city, and buy land in the middle of nowhere so I could have chickens. I wanted chickens THAT BAD ya’ll!
So here we are, years later, with not only chickens, but with:
- 🐐 Goats
- 🐖 KuneKune/ American Guinea Hog cross pigs
- 🦆 Ducks + 🐔 Chickens
- 🐮 Jersey cow
And now, you couldn’t even pay me to live in the city with close neighbors.
and the real story begins here…
So hey, I’m Cherelle, and now known as the “Fancy Farmgirl”.
Fancy Farmgirl because I couldn’t give up all my fanciness just because I now live on a farm, right?!
a little about me…
- We have 3 kiddos and we are super passionate about homeschooling. You can check out my homeschooling site here.
- My husband and I are trying our best to raise some of our own and grow some of our own.
- I enjoy keeping a beautifully decorated home and inspiring others with my eclectic style.
And when I’m not out cleaning up after the animals, you might find me…
Homeschooling my kids, designing a wedding, reading Little Women for the millionth time, or staying up till 3 am snacking in the kitchen because I just needed something salty, and then something sweet, and then something salty again, ugh!